Reddcoin Weekly Development Update

Welcome again Reddheads to another weekly update of Reddcoin Development.

There is barely a dull moment in the crypto space. Bitcoin surged almost 20% over the weekend, creating a 2 year high, and in response a lot of alt-coins had a somewhat equivalent downtrend with Reddcoin bottoming at 5 sat. It all seems to be now settling into equilibrium again with many adjustments across the board, Reddcoin included with a steady increased volume and price (poloniex).

Also I just wanted to make a mention that it only came to my attention today (via twitter) that ChangeTip was struggling to find a buyer after its engineering team was purchased by travel start-up AirBnB. I was surprised to hear this news.

The questions I asked myself were,

• ‘Has the generosity of people diminished?’
  • ‘Why would this occur?’
  • ‘What impact to Reddcoin?’

I think this has very little impact to what we are doing, and trying to achieve. I have a very different (I think) ideology to how to make this project a fun and enjoyable activity, certainly, paying it forward will be a part of it and encouraging people to be generous. Also, the technology I am putting together is a very different model to what that team originally created.

All in all, I am hoping for the betterment of everyone.

So the following summarises what’s been going on this last week:

• Continue contacting various exchanges and 3rd party services to advise of the new wallet.
  • Continue testing of block chain synchronisation on different platforms.
  • Creating updated official bootstrap.dat and testing.
  • Various code fixes based on feedback.
  • Continue writing up of release notes and other documentation updates.
  • Continue investigating the performance and behaviour of PoSV.

This will be a short update this week, as I have a bunch of stuff I also need to get complete.

New v2.0 Wallet and testing progress

I am feeling quite confident on the status of the wallet, with a solid performance thus far. I continue to fix up minor issues and get the general house keeping in order.

I have pulling in the most recent of translations from Transiflex and created a test build. With just a few minor corrections required in formatting.

In preparation of a public release of the new wallet, I continue contacting and engaging with the various major exchanges and 3rd party services to advise them that we will have an updated wallet in the near future.

Translations

@Serkan34 has done an awesome job in preparing a number of languages to import into the new wallet. I think it was 10 that he mentioned in a PM to me that he had completed. I know the effort that is required to do this and he has been doing this activity over several weeks. It takes patience to complete.

This is the running list of desired languages, and if you like you can also check the overall running list on transiflex here..

This would be a great way to contribute.

• French (100% completed
  • Spanish (100% completed)
  • Dutch (100% completed)
  • Russian (100% completed)
  • German (99% completed)
  • Chinese (99% completed)
  • Turkish (99% completed)
  • Swedish (98% completed)
  • Danish (97% completed)
  • Czech (97% completed)
  • Italian (97% completed)
  • Portuguese (96% completed)
  • Polish (96% completed)
  • Icelandic (88% completed)
  • Indonesian (87% completed)
  • Romanian (82% completed)
  • Hungarian (78% completed)
  • Korean (73% completed)
  • Ukrainian (44% completed)
  • Tagalog (15% completed)
  • Hindi (0% completed)

Getting involved

We are a global community, and cross many borders but boundaries do not need to hinder us.

The crypto currency world has not reached its tipping point yet, but when it does, it is sure to escalate at an amazing rate. There are going to be many ups and downs, and an interesting ride for sure.

If you would like to get involved and dont know where to start, reach out and we will see where you can jump in @Deadpool has a great Trello site going with activities that need looking at.

In Closing

There is still plenty to do, but I feel we are another step closer to a public release. A lot has been achieved already, and it feels like now is putting the polish on the final product.

I thank you all for your patience and support, it has been a long road, but the journey has been worth it.

So where ever you are, enjoy your week ahead

Keep on staking!